Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Book Review: Eldon Taylor's "Choices and Illusions"

I am always on the quest for books and authors that will help take my life to the next level.  I want to constantly be in a state of growth and upward change, instead of the way I spent the majority of my life which was stagnant. So I'm on the hunt for enlightenment and inspiration all the time, looking for my next breakthrough and ahha moment. 
Choices and Illusions, By Eldon Taylor


I just finished reading an advanced copy of the revised version of Eldon Taylor's book "Choices and Illusions" and it reinforced and expanded so much of what I believe in.  There is a chapter on how our belief effects our subconscious mind and makes decisions for us.  That was so powerful to me, because over the last four years I have been consciously changing my belief systems, and working daily to create belief in my possibilities instead of their negative alternatives.  And to learn that there is scientific evidence that those beliefs are the driving factors behind the choices we make with our unconscious mind was a huge ahha moment for me.  This means that those beliefs that I talk about all the time and teach people how to create, are more important then ever. They are actually making decisions for you.  All the more reason to replace your faulty and negative beliefs with ones that will change your reality for the better.

This book had many light-bulb moments for me, and I appreciated that Taylor used stories to get his point across, because honestly books like this often turn me off because I don't have time to get through and digest a "difficult read".  I need it simple and spelled out so that I can quickly apply what I've learned into my life.  If you haven't read it yet, read it.  Especially if you are the type of person who needs "proof" and science before adapting these principles into your life, this will give you all the proof you need!

Now go change your life!



~Written by: Sarah Centrella for Thoughts.Stories.Life.
*Yep my spelling and grammar sucks, if this offends you I apologize, but at this point it just is what it is... (know your strengths and recognize your weaknesses MottoForLife)

1 comment: